Notice and Disclaimer
Forward Protocol is currently in its initial development stages and there are a variety of unforeseeable risks. You acknowledge and agree that there are numerous risks associated with acquiring $FORWARD, holding $FORWARD, and using $FORWARD for participation in Forward Protocol. In the worst scenario, this could lead to the loss of all or part of $FORWARD held. IF YOU DECIDE TO ACQUIRE $FORWARD OR PARTICIPATE IN FORWARD PROTOCOL, YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE, ACCEPT AND ASSUME THE FOLLOWING RISKS:
- 1.Uncertain Regulations and Enforcement Actions: The regulatory status of Forward Protocol, $FORWARD and distributed ledger technology is unclear or unsettled in many jurisdictions. The regulation of digital assets has become a primary target of regulation in all major countries in the world. It is impossible to predict how, when or whether regulatory agencies may apply existing regulations or create new regulations with respect to such technology and its applications, including $FORWARD and/or Forward Protocol. Regulatory actions could negatively impact $FORWARD and/or Forward Protocol in various ways. The Company, the Distributor (or their respective affiliates) may cease operations in a jurisdiction in the event that regulatory actions, or changes to law or regulation, make it illegal to operate in such jurisdiction, or commercially undesirable to obtain the necessary regulatory approval(s) to operate in such jurisdiction. After consulting with a wide range of legal advisors to mitigate the legal risks as much as possible, the Company and Distributor have worked with the specialist blockchain department at Bayfront Law LLC and obtained a legal opinion on the token distribution, and will be conducting business in accordance with the prevailing market practice.
- 2.Inadequate disclosure of information: As at the date hereof, Forward Protocol is still under development and its design concepts, consensus mechanisms, algorithms, codes, and other technical details and parameters may be constantly and frequently updated and changed. Although this whitepaper contains the most current information relating to Forward Protocol, it is not absolutely complete and may still be adjusted and updated by the Forward team from time to time. The Forward team has neither the ability nor obligation to keep holders of $FORWARD informed of every detail (including development progress and expected milestones) regarding the project to develop Forward Protocol, hence insufficient information disclosure is inevitable and reasonable.
- 3.Competitors: Various types of decentralized applications and networks are emerging at a rapid rate, and the industry is increasingly competitive. It is possible that alternative networks could be established that utilize the same or similar code and protocol underlying $FORWARD and/or Forward Protocol and attempt to re-create similar facilities. Forward Protocol may be required to compete with these alternative networks, which could negatively impact $FORWARD and/or Forward Protocol.
- 4.Failure to develop: There is the risk that the development of Forward Protocol will not be executed or implemented as planned, for a variety of reasons, including without limitation the event of a decline in the prices of any digital asset, virtual currency or $FORWARD, unforeseen technical difficulties, and shortage of development funds for activities.
- 5.Security weaknesses: Hackers or other malicious groups or organisations may attempt to interfere with $FORWARD and/or Forward Protocol in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, malware attacks, denial of service attacks, consensus-based attacks, Sybil attacks, smurfing and spoofing. Furthermore, there is a risk that a third party or a member of the Company, the Distributor or their respective affiliates may intentionally or unintentionally introduce weaknesses into the core infrastructure of $FORWARD and/or Forward Protocol, which could negatively affect $FORWARD and/or Forward Protocol. Further, the future of cryptography and security innovations are highly unpredictable and advances in cryptography, or technical advances (including without limitation development of quantum computing), could present unknown risks to $FORWARD and/or Forward Protocol by rendering ineffective the cryptographic consensus mechanism that underpins that blockchain protocol.
- 6.Other risks: In addition, the potential risks briefly mentioned above are not exhaustive and there are other risks (as more particularly set out in the Terms and Conditions) associated with your participation in Forward Protocol, as well as acquisition of, holding and use of $FORWARD, including those that the Company or the Distributor cannot anticipate. Such risks may further materialize as unanticipated variations or combinations of the aforementioned risks. You should conduct full due diligence on the Company, the Distributor, their respective affiliates, and the Forward team, as well as understand the overall framework, mission and vision for Forward Protocol prior to participating in the same and/or acquiring $FORWARD.